Religious Education +.
WHAT IS ADVENT? WHY IS IT A TIME FOR WAITING? WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR?
THE STORY OF THE PARALYSED MAN
THE STORY OF JOSEPH
THE PRODIGAL SON
Linking Scripture to our Lives.
1. View the slideshow
2. Copy the embed code onto a post in your own personal blog.
3. Write your student definition of reconciliation.
4. Write a reflection about your artwork.
5. Write your scripture piece.
6. Comment on other students’ blog posts.
Ephesians 4:32 – And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.
Luke 23:34 – Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Genesis 33:4 – And Esau ran to meet him, and embraced him, and fell on his neck, and kissed him: and they wept.
Matthew 5:24 – Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
Luke 19:10 – For the Son of Man has come to seek out and to save what was lost.
John 20:23 – Receive the Holy Spirit, for those whose sins you forgive they are forgiven.
These are the ideas we discussed after viewing this video – 3/4RW.
Confession is like a present that never gets unwrapped. (Abbey)
When lots of people go to church they forget to go to confession. (Holly)
Confession is reconciliation when God forgives you for the bad things that you have done. (Alana)
Catholic people go to church to learn about God. (Adrian F)
Confession is not like going to the principals office, it is about repairing your relationship with God. (Katie)
We are fixing our relationship with God and Jesus. (Matthew)
Nobody is perfect. (Daniel S)
We all Sin. (Audrey)
God sent Jesus to make sure that we wouldn’t be separated from God forever. Jesus died on the cross for our sins. (Marcus)
We need to love one another and treat others as we want to be treated. (Lucas)
We can pray for each other to get forgiveness. (Maddison)
Jesus blew the holy spirit to the Apostles so that they can forgive others. (Thomas)
The bishops and the priests are like the apostles because they can help forgive people. (Luke)
These are the ideas we discussed after viewing this video – 3/4 S.
How do you confess your sins? Some people don’t know the answers to this question. (Kylah)
50% of Catholics go to confession less than once a year. (Mitchell)
Jesus gave us the gift of forgiveness. (Bianca)
What Catholics call confession, the church calls reconciliation. (Dakotah)
Reconciliation is about making a closer relationship with Jesus. (Tiana)
It is about forgiving what you have done. (Cooper)
It is about coming closer to Jesus and God. (Alexandra)
No body is perfect and God said “Be Holy.” (Nikita)
Be Holy as I am Holy, You can’t just walk up to heaven you need to be nice and help others. (Oliver)
Jesus came to forgive our sins and God asked his only son Jesus to take on the penalty of our sins. (Joshua)
Jesus came down to Earth to die on the cross for sins. (Fabian)
We need to confess our sins and pray for each other. (Aria)
Jesus breathed the Holy Spirit on the Apostles and then they could help us to be forgiven by God and Jesus. (Bailey)
Priests and Bishops help to forgive you. (Dearna)
1. What is another name we use for Reconciliation?
2. What is Reconciliation healing?
3. How does Jesus link to the word ‘forgiveness’?
4. How do we ‘say yes’ to the forgiveness of our sins?
5. Who are the people that we confess to in our churches today?
6. Who sent the Apostles, Bishops and Priests to help us with the forgiveness of our sins?
7. When can we ask for Reconciliation?
Read the story of The Road to Emmaus.
Discuss some of the artwork based around this story.
Answer the questions below as a comment. Remember to write your name and the number of the question you are answering.
1. Why didn’t they recognise Jesus?
2. At what point did they recognise Jesus?
3. How might this change someone’s faith?
4. How does this story link to the Sacrament of Eucharist?
1. WHAT DO THESE SYMBOLS OF THE CHURCH HELP US TO REMEMBER?
2. WHEN YOU THINK OF JESUS, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT?
3. CAN YOU NAME AND DESCRIBE A BIBLE STORY THAT REFLECTS WHAT HAPPENS AT THE ALTAR WHEN WE CELEBRATE THE EUCHARIST?
4. HOW DO YOU WANT TO LIVE LIKE JESUS?
Easter Mondrian Art
3/4 Images Of God on PhotoPeach
Our Mind Maps Reflecting on God.
The Holy Week Play
The Palm Sunday Story.
The Last Supper
Symbols in our Church.
The Creation Story.